Thursday, December 4, 2008

Finally...

Well, we finally chose a foster agency. We've had a difficult time deciding which direction to go, but after phone call after phone call of, "Uh, well, uh, the person that handles that paperwork isn't in today...and won't be in tomorrow...I GUESS you could try back the day after that and she MAY be in, but I'm not sure.", I was ready to finally find an agency that seemed to do business professionally, but with compassion and understanding. I was very pleased with the first agency we had called, but Linda (from the agency) suggested that I call around and "interview" other agencies. I thought that was a great recommendation, however after calling around, I found myself back at Linda's agency. We should be hearing back from one of their social workers by the end of the week, and from there we can fill out the paperwork necessary and start the process of fingerprinting, background checks, etc. We're really excited to get the ball rolling. Now, we need to start working on clearing out our spare bedroom :)

3 comments:

The Abbe Family Journey said...

That's great news!!

Sarah said...

Wonderful! :) WIll I see you tonight?I am going! I bet you will believe that when you see it! Ha!
Love you!
Sarah

THE ANDERS FAMILY said...

The paperwork and the classes are a blast! It is all worth it in the end, RIGHT?!? J/K, I am so excited that we be going down a very similar path at the same time.

Hope to see you tonight!