Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dear Zack:


“Serenity is yours. When chaos looms, seek the sweet surrender of simplicity. Gaze above at the glassy sky. Feel each blade of green beneath your feet. Listen to the sound of faith. Like a reed flute playing inside your chest. Breathe. Stand in witness of your true nature. Remember the compassion of your lover’s eyes and calm wisdom of an elder’s voice. Go within. Be at rest without. Fall to your knees in gratitude. You have all you need. Turn from the riot of distraction. Let it roll over and beyond you. Serenity is yours. It lives always within your reach.”
~ Ching Qu Lam


“Not of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn’t grow under my heart – but in it.”
~ Fleur Heylinger


My little Zack, we haven’t even met you yet, but we love you more than words or tears or smiles could express. You are the miracle that we have been waiting for, for what seems like a lifetime, and I am so anxious to hold you. I wish we didn’t have to wait these next three (and a half) months, but trust that we are going to use this precious time of wait to prepare to bring you home with us. You are a precious child and I am in love with you already. We are looking forward to teaching you all the things about life, and love, and joy, and peace that you will need as you grow in our home and I am so thankful that we have been given this opportunity to be here for you. Know that we’ve wanted you since before you were even breathed into existence.


Love, Your soon-to-be parents

No comments: